Each year we engage with over 10,000 individuals who are often facing older age poverty and this is done through our team of paid staff and over 400 volunteer mentors who give their time free of charge
We are now looking to further strengthen our excellent board of trustees by appointing a small number of new Trustees who share our passion and commitment and who have the skills, knowledge and experience to support our Chief Executive and senior management team. We aim to maintain a balanced set of experience and expertise on the Board of Trustees in order to deliver strong and effective governance, strategic development and decision making.
The role is unpaid but immensely rewarding in terms of the positive impacts of PRIME Cymru’s work on people’s lives.
Role of the Trustee
Key responsibilities of the Trustees of PRIME Cymru are
- Working with the Board to promote the vision and values of PRIME Cymru and enhance its profile
- Contributing actively to giving PRIME Cymru strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Exercising expert judgement and scrutiny for PRIME Cymru, contributing fully to Board meetings and sub-committees to ensure excellent governance
- Participating in decision-making, risk management and control to protect the charity, its clients, staff and volunteers
- Exercising integrity, creating a culture which helps to achieve the charity’s core purpose and ensure public trust and confidence in the charity
- Supporting the Chief Executive and wider senior team, where appropriate
Trustee meetings are currently held 4 times a year, usually at PRIME Cymru’s premises in Carmarthenshire or in central Cardiff. A strategy away day takes place once a year. Trustees may also be invited to participate in one of the Board’s sub-committees and from time to time in working groups.
We value diversity of perspective and lived experience and we welcome applications from all backgrounds and fields, from those who have previous direct experience of Board level governance and those who do not.
Trustee Information Pack To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter. Click here for an information pack or contact Wendy Davies firstname.lastname@example.org , or an informal discussion please contact David Pugh (Chief Executive) on 01550 721 813.