Trustee with Digital Marketing Experience
PRIME Cymru is a registered charity established in 2001 by HRH The Prince of Wales. Operating throughout Wales, we provide support to mature individuals, with a focus on those over the age of 50, who are economically inactive, unemployed or facing redundancy and assist them into self-employment, employment, training and even volunteering as a stepping stone to more formal economic activity.
Each year we engage with over 10,000 individuals who are often facing older age poverty and this is done through our team of paid staff and volunteer mentors who give their time free of charge
We are now looking to further strengthen our excellent Board of Trustees by appointing an additional new trustee who shares our passion and commitment. Our vacancy is for someone with the skills, knowledge and experience of digital marketing/transformation, to bring digital marketing expertise to our board decisions and help strengthen our charity’s digital strategy.
We aim to maintain a balanced set of experience and expertise on the Board of Trustees in order to deliver strong and effective governance, strategic development and decision making.
The role is unpaid but immensely rewarding in terms of the positive impacts of PRIME Cymru’s work on people’s lives.
Role of the Trustee
- Working with the Board to promote the vision and values of PRIME Cymru and enhance its profile
- Contributing actively to giving PRIME Cymru strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Exercising expert judgement and scrutiny for PRIME Cymru, contributing fully to Board meetings and sub-committees to ensure excellent governance
- Participating in decision-making, risk management and control to protect the charity, its clients, staff and volunteers
- Exercising integrity, creating a culture which helps to achieve the charity’s core purpose and ensure public trust and confidence in the charity
- Supporting the Chief Executive and wider senior team, where appropriate
Trustee meetings are currently held 4 times a year, with a mix of remote and in-person meetings (usually at PRIME Cymru’s premises in Carmarthenshire or in central Cardiff). A strategy away day takes place once a year. Trustees may also be invited to participate in one of the Board’s sub-committees and from time to time in working groups.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May 2022. For an information pack please contact Wendy Davies email@example.com, or for an informal discussion please contact David Pugh (Chief Executive) on 01550 721 813.
PRIME Cymru’s Board of Trustees with our Royal Founding Paton, HRH The Prince of Wales